Hyperlink email body text (1 Viewer)

hinchi1

Local time
Today, 11:35
I have automated Outlook from Access and all works fine when Outlook on my PC is started and loads the message which I have programmed inside Access. The email addresses show up as hyperlinks as I would expect. However, my organisation is moving to OWA(Office 365) and the email addresses in the message body just show as plain text. I have looked on other forums on how to make the email addresses as hyperlinks within the Access code but not my speciality, so in need of some help please. Attached is the code which for obvious security reasons i have removed email names but I have highlighted in yellow the areas which need HTML formatting. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Email Hyperlink Question.docx
    19 KB · Views: 124

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Hi and welcome to AWF.
I've moved your post as it was in a moderated area intended for working code samples.

Normally you would insert this info with a DLookup (or a user defined function based on DLookup) together with concatenation for text strings.

Suggest you look at the similar threads below for information.

I expect someone will be along soon with a more detailed reply if you need it.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:35
Hi. Welcome to AWF! You could try tagging the email address with HTML. For example, <a href=mailto://EmailAddressHere>EmailAddressHere</a>.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 06:35
The email addresses show up as hyperlinks as I would expect. However, my organisation is moving to OWA(Office 365) and the email addresses in the message body just show as plain text.
Have you tried wrapping the emails with the HTML tag:
Code:
<href></href>

That might possibly work. I've automated outlook many times but never with Office 365, so my links were always automatically detected and appeared as hyperlinks. If <href> doesn't work, it's not all bad to send email addresses as plain text. The only thing user has to do if they wanna email that person is copy and past the text into an email message.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I am not sure HTML is going to work in plain text email.?
I would expect the HTML code would just be displayed.?

Then again, I've only ever used HTML with HTML emails.?

hinchi1

Local time
Thanks for the replies. I just wondered why owa would be just plain text. Maybe something for Microsoft to work on.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Thanks for the replies. I just wondered why owa would be just plain text. Maybe something for Microsoft to work on.
Maybe there's a Settings somewhere to change it?

hinchi1

Local time
Looked to change settings but cannot see anything. Will contact our IT department for possible solutions.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Well an easy test would be, can you do it manually.?

If so, send it to yourself, and then look at the source.?

That should tell you what you need, if it can be done.?

HTH

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Looked to change settings but cannot see anything. Will contact our IT department for possible solutions.
Hi. If you have to go through IT, then maybe the answer would be a no. For example, at out work, HTML emails are permanently disabled because it can contain links or code (like JavaScript) that could be dangerous to the company network.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Well I took it to be plain text as you have vbCRLF in your email body string.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom