2-Month Warning before Expire Dates (1 Viewer)

Onehalf03

Local time
Today, 06:20
Good Morning,

I am hoping someone can help me. I would like to establish a query that notifies me of upcoming expiration dates 2 months before the true expiration. The formula I have constructed is as shown but it doesn't seem to pull the data and I receive an error message. Notify: IIf([(Expiration Date) Next Review Date]-Date()=80,"Review Needed","")

I appreciate any help I can receive. Thank you!:)

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Since you're using spaces in your field names, you'll need to enclose them in square brackets.

Onehalf03

Local time
I removed the Spaces, but still no luck. Is it the formula I am using? Notify: IIf([(Expiration_Date)_Next_Review_Date]-Date()=60,"Review Needed","")

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Does your field name actually contain parentheses? Right now, your expression is looking for an exact match. Try using <= instead of just = to see if it will make any difference.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:20
if expiration date includes a time element then it will never be a whole number so you will never get your formula to =80. Agree with DBG's suggestion - if only because if you don't run the query every day (including weekends) you will miss your 'notification'.

Also agree re using non alpha numeric characters in field names - even with square brackets you will on occasion get a misleading error messages.

Onehalf03

Local time
Thank you for all the help with this matter. I was able to retrieve the data I needed by using these criteria. Notify: IIf(DateDiff("d",[Expiration_Date_Next_Review_Date],Date())>59,"Need Review","Up To Date").

I appreciate the help!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Thank you for all the help with this matter. I was able to retrieve the data I needed by using these criteria. Notify: IIf(DateDiff("d",[Expiration_Date_Next_Review_Date],Date())>59,"Need Review","Up To Date").

I appreciate the help!
Hi. Congratulations! Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom