Another strange site quirk? (1 Viewer)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 09:02
There were indeed problems with accessing the site for several hours yesterday evening (UK time) and overnight. In fact there were no posts for over 7 hours.

I got various errors including code 503 and too many connections server errors when I tried intermittently. I did wonder whether AWF was the recipient of a DDOS attack as I'm aware that some other UK sites including that for the Labour Party were targeted yesterday.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 04:02
I did wonder whether AWF was the recipient of a DDOS attack as I'm aware that some other UK sites including that for the Labour Party were targeted yesterday.
i don't believe it was on the news. what was the reason for the targeting?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Adam: I got that error last night on both of Jon's forums. But it has (obviously) cleared up this morning. Part of the problem, I think, is that Jon moved things to another server some time ago and he has not been effusively happy over the new company's service. He has gotten a few complaints since the move (such as the one that started this thread). You would have to ask him about his total level of satisfaction, though.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Part of the problem, I think, is that Jon moved things to another server some time ago and he has not been effusively happy over the new company's service. He has gotten a few complaints since the move (such as the one that started this thread).
maybe another one is:

If I post something new in a thread and then go back to my CP page, the thread still shows up in dark blue, indicating that a new post is there from someone else, but the username of the latest post shows as my own. Years ago this did not happen. It would only be in dark blue if other people had posted something new.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Jon moved things to another server

Almost true Doc. In fact, I never moved anything. Instead, the company that was hosting this site was taken over by another company who for some reason seems to enjoy providing a shoddy service. I've had problems ever since.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Ah, I must have misunderstood the previous discussion on that subject. You didn't move - the owners did. But in either case, you are seeing lower-quality service than you had seen before.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Certainly the quality of their service has gone down, while the price has gone up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom