what's your favorite error message? (1 Viewer)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Yesterday, 19:12
doesn't matter what language or database engine it comes from. humor me....what's the strangest, funniest, stupidest, most informative or most confusing one uve ever seen? here is mine, which was returned by a godaddy mail server when I was running a PHP test script attempting to send mail with SMTP authentication using the PHPMailer class libraries:
Code:
[datetime stamp] SERVER -> CLIENT: 220 -[GoDaddysMailServer] ESMTP Exim 4.92 [datetime stamp] - 
We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited, 220 and/or bulk e-mail.
that's a pretty funny one, considering the fact that all the PHP experts say PHPMailer is a reliable alternative to sending mail from other PHP methods that end up in the receiver's SPAM folder on many 3rd party email clients like gmail. :rolleyes:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Yesterday, 20:12
On your stand-alone Windows PC: "Contact your system administrator".

A close second: "You need administrative privileges".

Considering that it is the owner of the stand-alone PC who is the erstwhile "system administrator" these messages are essentially meaningless, when the owner of the PC lacks knowledge of Windows. Even if someone knows Windows, these messages are quite annoying since Microsoft would appear to be insensitive to the needs of the user. Fortunately, searching the internet on solving these issues has gotten much better.

Last edited:

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
On your stand-alone Windows PC: "Contact your system administrator".

A close second: "You need administrative privileges"
no question here. i just finished literally shutting these stupid warnings off like last night. and if you want another round of laughs regarding funny error messages from windows (and I think other machines too, most of which I think are fake, but still...), check these out:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zoqYhuGBwgBsPToUcERvssuVW1bp2oKu?usp=sharing

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Yesterday, 20:12
Your round of laughs just reminded me of a third useless message. I don't think, at least for me, that the Windows menu/message to "repair" Windows ever-worked.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Your round of laughs just reminded me of a third useless message. I don't think, at least for me, that the Windows menu/message to "repair" Windows ever-worked.
i found the following incredibly useful, which is really strange considering MS's reputation of horrible service.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10164/fix-windows-update-errors

the troubleshooter app on that page fixed my update errors immediately and I've gone a long time without any on that old laptop of mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom