Creating a Dynamic Query to populate a View and Report (1 Viewer)

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:46
Hello, again guys

I'm working on this treasurer's database. I want to be able to enter transactions with a form, which I already made, create a view(form) and report of transactions in any range of dates. User will push a button to choose a view or report, then takes them to a popup where you put a start date and end date. From that, a query is made and from that query, the view or report is created.

Not sure how to make a query like this that will use the same form to view and same report.

One more thing, If the months could have headers, that would be great too.

Its a really small database, so I'm going to zip it and attach it.

Attachments

• SaturdayBigBook.zip
    747.6 KB · Views: 63

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 04:46
LKW,

I disagree with June in thtA I see nothing wrong with popups. Personally I've never had a problem using them, although I never really use them if I do something from scratch. i do use Allen Browne's stuff quite a bit, such as the "List files in Directory" code. I've probably used the code on that page hundreds of times to do all sorts of things. But anyway, See attached zip. This is how you do what you're asking. Click on the view transactions button to see. You can use that example and do the same thing for your form *view*, as you call it, and also for your report *view". This zip shows you how to open a report object only.

Attachments

• SaturdayBigBook - EXAMPLE V1.zip
    760.5 KB · Views: 65

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:46
Hey, thanks for the tip. I was able to make my own pop-ups and still have the query work. I have the reports made, but can't seem to get the group header to be a running balance. Any Ideas? I attached the database, it's pretty small.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 04:46
LKW,

If you're still subscribed to this thread, I wanted to check to see if you've got everything solved. Did you? I have been away for 5 days because the authority figures here decided to give me a rest. However, I have been watching since then but I did not post for obvious reasons. Get back to us if you still need assistance.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:46
Database provided in original post does not have query nor report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom