Comments Colour Change Back Ground (1 Viewer)

access2010

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:56
Hello, can I please receive a suggestion on how to change the back ground colours in a MsAccess 2003 Memo Field

I would like the default background colour to be white.

Thank you,
Crystal

Attachments

• Comments_Green_Red_2020_Jan10.mdb
    140 KB · Views: 276

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:56
Sorry, I didn't download your db for this as it doesn't seem warranted yet. Partly because you didn't say where this is desired. If you mean a table, query or datasheet view of a form, you cannot - at least not for one instance. You can alter datasheet formats in Access settings, but it will apply to the whole db and is somewhat limited. What you can do is set the background colour of a form field, be that in form view or continuous view. This can be done on the form control's property sheet settings. You can also use conditional formatting if need be. If that doesn't help, I think you'll have to be more forthcoming with information such as where you want this to happen and under what conditions, if any.

access2010

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for your note.

The default background of the Comment Field is White.
We have 2 option buttons

I would like to click the Green Option button and the background colour of the Comment Field will become Green or

I would like to click the Red Option button and the background colour of the Comment Field will become Red

The above background colours will remain for all records when the form opens.

Thank you,
Nicole

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
I guess I speculated but needed to ask directly because I am none the wiser about your form - datasheet? Continuous? Single? I didn't want to download just to find out.

If single record type of form, Me.MyTextboxNameHere.Backcolor = vbGreen (or vbRed)
If continuous form, you cannot as all will take on the same color - unless that's OK. If not, you need to use conditional formatting if you can create a condition for this.
If datasheet, not at all.

Hopefully you don't think me stubborn. It's just that this is straight forward and by now, I must have still have at least 50 db's that I've downloaded (time to clean house again!).

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
OK, I broke down and got your db :eek:

You have no labels you can use for this. Are you wanting to use the option buttons? The issue with that and your design is that you can choose both so that won't work very well. They'd have to be in an option frame so that you can only choose one, or you could use command buttons?

EDIT - forgot to ask if you realize the colours will not change between records? That is, if you make the background red, it will be red for every record? If that's not what you want, then perhaps it's down to conditional formatting.

Last edited:

access2010

Registered User.
Local time
Micron, thank you for your note.
The comment field is our opinion about a particular equity (stock)

If we have positive comments, we would like the background to be Green

If we have negative comments, we would like to background to be Pink

Your suggestion will be appreciated.
Nicole

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Then your situation is conditional and you will need something to provide that condition and use conditional formatting. Based on what you uploaded, there isn't much to go on for suggesting a condition but I can suggest the following:
If you add a integer field to your table with a name of something like Favourable and place checkboxes on the form and bind a frame to that field then the value of the checks would be the condition. If the frame is -1 (favourable) = green; if not, red = 0. If neither, then 2 (unknown) and I suppose use the normal colour. That being the case, you could also consider just using the checks as the indicator rather than a colour. Would be simpler yet, but that's your call.

Last edited:

access2010

Registered User.
Local time
Micron, thank you for your conditional formatting suggestion which we had tried previously without success (please view the attached database)

We would like to have EACH individual record RETAIN its Back Ground Colour, as some of our Equity Research is;
Positive (then the background colour will be Green)
Negative (then the background colour will be Pink)
Default for a new record would be white.

Thank you,
Nicole

Attachments

• Comments_Green_Red_2020_Jan12.mdb
    480 KB · Views: 119

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
I did that in the sample db I uploaded. Were you not able to incorporate the features of it?

access2010

Registered User.
Local time
Micron (2020_Jan_14)
Thank you for your suggestions.
We would like to be able to choose a background Colour of White, Green or Red for each record.
We are not having any success and maybe we should forget about the back ground colour idea.
Thank you for trying to help us.

Nicole

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 10:56
Use the method in the copy of form, but add a Me.Refresh in the AfterUpdate of the Frame for the checkboxes.
You will need to add a field to the table to store your choice.

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom