Anyone ever hear of this ? (1 Viewer)

dcavaiani

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:15
I have office 365, my client has office 16. I print out a report and it looks fine. He prints it out (using the same database), and it is really FAINT and rather hard to see the data detail, logo, etc. ???

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 10:15
Does he have his printer set to save ink?
Do word documents etc print OK?

dcavaiani

Registered User.
Local time
Does he have his printer set to save ink?
Do word documents etc print OK?

I'll have him check that ....

Maybe an important fact? Before, I transferred the report data file over to Excel, and he printed it from there, and it was perfectly readable/bolded.

Now, the entire application is within the Database and printed from there w/o the transfer over to excel. When I made that change, I carefully compared how the report looked via the Excel transfer vs. printing it directly out of Access. It looked almost identical on my PC, but now he says it is too faint when he prints it out from his access 2016 version on his PC.

I ask the version question because I know that I had a graphing issue between the 2 versions, and I had to recreate a Graph in the older 2016 version so that it would print out on his 2016 version.

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 10:15
Are you using a non standard font which he/she doesn't have on their pc?
Try saving the report as a pdf and see whether that works as planned

dcavaiani

Registered User.
Local time
SOLVED: This issue was that the report was printing well enuf on my Brother laser printer while the Report labels were printing very faint on my customer's Canon pixma printer. I found out that on report labels in Access, the default is "50% lighter". Once I removed that - all was fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom