Unrecognized database format (1 Viewer)

cmray58

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:06
What keeps causing this to occur? The solution seems to be just opening the backend file and it auto-repairs itself. But, how do I prevent this in the first place? I'm not sure what background info to provide, please ask away.

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 78

cmray58

Registered User.
Local time

Thanks, that looks like it could be it. I'm a little confused about how to perform those steps when the backend file is stored on a server. I've asked our IT people to try it, since I presume they have access to the server machine itself.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Thanks, that looks like it could be it. I'm a little confused about how to perform those steps when the backend file is stored on a server. I've asked our IT people to try it, since I presume they have access to the server machine itself.
I think the recommended solution/workaround is to apply the steps to both the server and the client machines.

cmray58

Registered User.
Local time
I think the recommended solution/workaround is to apply the steps to both the server and the client machines.

"In fact, you should only need to apply the Registry Hack to the server housing the back-end file. You do NOT need to apply the registry hack to each user’s PC.

So basically, go onto the Server, open a Command Prompt and run the 3 lines provided in Microsoft’s article (above) and everything should fall back into place."

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
"In fact, you should only need to apply the Registry Hack to the server housing the back-end file. You do NOT need to apply the registry hack to each user’s PC.

So basically, go onto the Server, open a Command Prompt and run the 3 lines provided in Microsoft’s article (above) and everything should fall back into place."
Hi. I know what it says, but that was "old" information.

cmray58

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. I know what it says, but that was "old" information.

So Microsoft's workaround/solution is to perform these steps on the dozens of clients using the DB? Cool, cool. Lol

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
So Microsoft's workaround/solution is to perform these steps on the dozens of clients using the DB? Cool, cool. Lol
No, not MS, per se, more like the Access community recommends it, since there's really no official solution out of Redmond yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom