Access form Parameter error (1 Viewer)

LBC

Local time
Today, 18:02
I have a form which has been working fine. I recently deleted three fields in the table and now whenever I open the form or try to enter nay data into the form, I have an error pop up x2 "Enter parameter value") for the three deleted fields. I have tried everything but cannot get rid of this. Also, the enter new record button has disappeared/is greyed out (so now I can only entre records via the table not the form). Please help!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:02
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Did you search your form for any reference to the deleted fields?

Fira_g

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:02
I had this problem, didn't know at the time that need to delete fields from the Record Source of the form as well )

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I had this problem, didn't know at the time that need to delete fields from the Record Source of the form as well )
Yes, that would be the first place to look. Don't forget to delete related controls as well. There are other places to look, but we can start with these first.

LBC

Local time
Today, 18:02
Thanks everyone. As far as I can see (when I open the field list in design view), the fields are no longer there, but the error keeps appearing.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Thanks everyone. As far as I can see (when I open the field list in design view), the fields are no longer there, but the error keeps appearing.
No, not just in the Fields List. Check for any control on your form that may still be referring to the deleted fields. In addition, check the Filter and Order By properties of the form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom