webpage postback confusion (1 Viewer)

DenMiller57

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:05
I have a web page which uses a form to display and lookup data from a database table. The user enters a Student ID then clicks on a lookup button which looks up the details of their account from a database table. If a match is found in the table, I assign the results to the textboxes in the form. I want the results to post back to the page so when it refreshes, the search results are displayed. What I have found is that the page post back seems to occur before the ID information is looked up. If the user re-enters the student id a second time and clicks the lookup button again , then the results post in the web page form. How do I get the page to post the results of the lookup after the first lookup. Thanks
Dennis

Last edited:

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
dennis,

I think this is in the wrong forum. what does this have to do with access? r u looking up this form data in an actual access database? what language r u using to look up the information in the database table? e.g. - php, etc...? if you don't want the page to engage in a post operation, javascript's fetch() function I believe might suit ur needs. last I heard it was still very popular. I believe it was used to replaced HttpRequest() years ago.

DenMiller57

Registered User.
Local time
The code is written in VBA in a web page. I will look for the correct forum.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom