pop up (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 11:57
Last week just for kicks I enter my name into a website that supposedly is free to find out if there is any criminal record someplace on me. It was free to search, but then they wanted bucks to release what they found on me. I declined. Now every time I sign into the net I get a pop up telling me there is a report waiting for me to buy. How do I stop that pop-up?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 15:57
I would be googling sitename popup removal.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:57
Hi. Just a wild guess but have you tried clearing your browser cache and history? And cookies too!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:57
Or you could use your browser to find and remove all cookies from that site. They will be viewable, usually.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
If you're using FireFox and need help, let us/me know.
Is it too late to say that if you didn't ask for something and it involves the internet in any fashion whatsoever, don't bother - EVER? I don't know why, but this one reminds me of the scam where someone calls pretending to be a relative who needs money in an emergency. I guess it's because they're both kind of personal.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
If you're using FireFox and need help, let us/me know.
Is it too late to say that if you didn't ask for something and it involves the internet in any fashion whatsoever, don't bother - EVER? I don't know why, but this one reminds me of the scam where someone calls pretending to be a relative who needs money in an emergency. I guess it's because they're both kind of personal.

I know what you mean. I know better, but we all have crazy moments. I tell my wife often, forget it, "Santa Claus" is dead.

Your post also reminds me of the story about a man who visited a very wealth businessman and tells him he is in great need. The wealthy business man tells the poor man of all the health and sickness in his own kin. The poor man says I am so sorry, I did know. The rich man then says if I won't help them what makes you think I would help you.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 10:57
Last week just for kicks I enter my name into a website that supposedly is free to find out if there is any criminal record someplace on me. It was free to search, but then they wanted bucks to release what they found on me. I declined.
dick,

You can get a 5 day subscription to www.whitepages.com for $1 usd. I know you can search all personal information and address history and phone numbers for anyone in the usa, but I don't know about criminal records. That might be extra bucks. I bought a 5 day to look up an old employer that I had lost track of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom