Royal baby finally arrives (1 Viewer)

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:08
I'm sure the parents and grandparents do, but I doubt that they will post here :)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I was fed up with the media coverage days ago, tonight it is not worth watching any news program.

Brian

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 00:08
So far 5 of us care enough in some capacity to initiate a thread and post a reply.

I think a new baby coming into the world is goodly news, maybe not to the capacity of this event, but pleasant to hear about none the less.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I think that you read to much into our posts, somebody asked a question and we responded, I care no more about this baby than any other, and no less, but I object to having it rammed down my throat by an hysterical media.

She had a baby we know its sex and weight and nothing else so why does that take so long to tell us and why should we be interested in what people of her village think, and about babies born on the same day, and etc etc it just goes on and on.

It's enough to make me an anti- royalist despite it not being their fault.

Brian

ypma

Registered User.
Local time
Does anyone care?
To answer that question , I care . The media coverage might be OTT but I am lucky enough to have a switch off button for my TV.
Bob,

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Does anyone care?
To answer that question , I care . The media coverage might be OTT but I am lucky enough to have a switch off button for my TV.
Bob,

Your sarcasm is duly noted, but I actually want to see, read and listen to the world news without being swamped by one story, switching off the radio or tv or not buying a paper is a poor option, thank god for the Internet.

Brian

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:08
Me care:
Another person with the rights from the God on Earth.
Something new about Somalia's children ?

ypma

Registered User.
Local time
Your sarcasm is duly noted, but I actually want to see, read and listen to the world news without being swamped by one story, switching off the radio or tv or not buying a paper is a poor option, thank god for the Internet.
Brian
What ever happen to "I think that you read to much into our posts, somebody asked a question and we responded,

Bob

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Brian
What ever happen to "I think that you read to much into our posts, somebody asked a question and we responded,

Bob

A trifle confused by the linking of these two statements. I can only think that I should not have assumed that you were being sarcastic, in which case I have to assume that you think that you are unusual in having an off switch on your TV, that seems to be a display of ignorance.

Your choice, sarcasm or ignorance.

Brian

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Shame, I was hoping to see one of the Green 8 legged aliens from that Falling Skies show, now that would have been World News......

Kate Middleton gives birth to Alien Baby...

Kate claims it was only a one night stand...

Treisio

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:08
No one does. The "royal family" doesn't even hold any power. They are just celebrities...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm indifferent with the media coverage, but I'm happy for the couple to have a healthy baby. And Kate did well for a big bruiser of a boy on her first pregnancy. At that size, the baby has an excellent chance of thriving. One could not reasonably call that little one a "preemie."

Sadly, one of the friends of the family had a preemie and now that child has both Asperger's and other variants of disorders. Since I have no reason to want to see Kate or William have anything go wrong - much less little George - I can simply say, "I wish them well."

As to the rest of it, the USA general public is as mindless as any other nation's general public when it comes to media hype. I, at least, can usually remember how to turn off the TV -if I can just remember where I put the remote.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
But why should one have to turn off the TV , why do all news and magazine type program's have to have wall to wall coverage. 39 minutes of world news should not have 20 minutes devoted to a royal babies arrival.

Brian

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Brian, I agree - which is why I channel-surf even during the prime news hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom