Database cannot open, because VBA-project cannot be read.... (1 Viewer)

MRose1234

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:14
Hope you can help me.
I have a office365 access database which is givning me trouble. We are two people working in the database, and sometimes if I update a report or form, all though my collouge has closed the database. On reentering we get an error message saying that the VBA modules in the database cannot be read, and if we open it, all VBA will be deleted (and they are!).

"all code will be removed in modules, forms and reports"

WHY on earth would the database delete ALL VBA modules, due to the fact that one little report or form has been updated??

Hope you can give me at suloution to this issues, as this is a big database = a lot of VBA programming....

Any help is appriciated.
Thanks
Mette

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
It sounds like you are getting a serious corruption.

Are you sharing a single copy of a database, maybe not split, and then trying to change the database (new queries, edit forms etc) while both users have the database open. That sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I would split the database (basically data tables separate from everything else) if you haven't done so, and careful review your development options.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:14
Have you reviewed the Similar Threads at the bottom of the page? Can you tell us more about the database, split status etc as has been requested.
Several tips from FMS here.

Also, you may want to set up a regular backup routine to keep a copy of latest code in case it needs to be replaced.

You may find some helpful advice (and code) by searching for "SaveAsText" in relation to MSAccess. There have been references over the years for routines to Export and Import the whole vba project. Some do the export/import as part of a database "Documenter".

I recall some related materials from David Crake, Doug Steele and Chip Pearson and others, but SaveAsText and LoadAsText were (and still are -as I understand things) undocumented routines.

Good luck.

MRose1234

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for all for your good solutions.
I went with getting my back up.

Being danish I don't always know the tags to search for online, so I will look into the end all solution suggested, and decompile.

Also I do have backup copies, but not on a daily basis, so any work done on the day will be lost, by used the backup.

Also the split solution might be an option. I'll look into this.

Thansk a lot guys.
Mette

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom