3Nails

Local time
Today, 08:25
How do you Create a Form, Subform, and a sub-subform

I am using Office 16 Pro.

Main Form= Letter of the alphabet
Subform = Client Name
Sub-subform = Detail of Client name

I am trying to set up a form that has a vertical list of first letter of client names, a subform of vertical client names, and a sub-subform of client detail. I have a table for each of the forms. I am trying to get a scroll bar to the right side of the form and the sub-form. Currently, I have all three forms linked and the forms display correct information. When the database opens it shows the Main form (Letter only). There is no scroll bar, but has a "+" sign to the left of each letter. I have to click on the "+" of the letter for the names (clicking on the name does nothing) that start with that letter to appear in the sub-form. I then have to click on the "+" sign next to the name to get the sub-subform of clients detail info to appear. I have to click the "-" of the open form to collapse the sub-form. The forms are pushed to the bottom of the screen, as when I click on "W"(or any letter), it shows the link by a connecting arrow to the prior form/sub-form. I would like all forms to always be at the top of the screen (not pushed down), with the main form and the sub-form having the scroll bar. I would also like the all three forms to open when with first client in the table to appear when the database is opened. Thank you for your help.

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:25
You say "Forms" but what you describe sounds more like table's to me?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:25
Ah, no, I'm now thinking you might have subforms created by dragging tables on to a form...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

3Nails

Local time
Today, 08:25
That is correct. The record source for each of the subforms is a link to the parent form via the individual tables. Letter Table to Letter/Name table for sub form 1, and Letter/Name table to Name/Detail table for subform 2. Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom