Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Forms

Old 05-23-2016, 11:29 AM   #1
ster1203
Newly Registered User

ster1203 is on a distinguished road
Post dynamic fields inside a form without using subform

So i recently did my exams and there was this one question that is bugging me. it asked

"Create a single form with no subform, that allows bob to input the votes for each act for this round is required"

So what i did was i created 1 a combobox that bob needs the user to select an act which will allow him to enter a number in a text box and then press submit which will then use the append query.

but this is not right...

they want me to somehow make it so the act names all come on their separate row in the form and next to them is a text box where i can fill in the votes anhd then hit submit to save ALL of them at the same time rather than one by one.

So my question is: how do i go about getting data from another table without using a subform?

i know this all wont make sense so throw your questions at me and il try my best to answer all of the.

ster1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 04:06 PM   #2
sneuberg
AWF VIP

sneuberg will become famous soon enough sneuberg will become famous soon enough
Re: dynamic fields inside a form without using subform

Without knowing more about this my guess would be to create a query which joins the tables involved and make that the record source of the form. The relationship between the tables would have to be set up correctly (unique primary key joined to foreign key) for the record set to be editable.

What exam is this? Is this thread about the same exam?

Steve
sneuberg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combobox on form , forms , subforms

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: