Temporarily disable a multifield index? (1 Viewer)

datsyuk

Local time
Today, 09:10
Is there a way to temporarily disable a multifield index? I have a button on one of my forms that is used to update a number of records at once. This update is accomplish through using VBA and the updated field is a date value. In the process of updating values there will be duplicate values at a point but no duplicate values once the update is complete (ie. if the date is moved forward a day on one record, this may be indentical to another record until the code loops through to update that date a day forward as well). The code works as intended when I turn off my multifield index; however, when it is on, it will not run. Is there a way that I can temporarily disable this multifield index while I am running this code and then reenable it?

Thanks!

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 06:10
Not that I know of, but perhaps you can append all of the records to a "transition" table where the index is not set and then run a delete query to clear out the actual table after doing your transformations on the data and the append it back from the transition table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom