how to terminate pop up reminder that has been set(check out) (1 Viewer)

nhk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:13
hye all,

i would like to ask is there anyone here know how to terminate reminders.

i have made borrowing system and it will have date taken and date return..

for now, my pop up reminder will pop up in a week before the date return.

my problem right now is if the user return the cd early than the actual date return, the reminder will still pop up. it is because, i have no function to check out the cd..

how to make the check out and also can disable the reminder if i click the check out for that borrowing.

i'am beginner in access and VB.
hopefully somebody can help me on this.

thank in advance.

mahenkj2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:43
You may need to alter your pop up reminder code to check for the return for a transaction and if return is already there, you set the condition not to message or say terminate the code there itself.

It would be better if you can post what you used to get the reminder.

best regards.

nhk

Registered User.
Local time
tq mahenkj2 for your reply..

i'm use this code at switchboard so that the form will pop up once we open the switchboard.

If DCount("ID", "Table1", "date_return BETWEEN #" & Date & "# AND #" & Date + 7 & "#") > 0 Then
If MsgBox("Documents are due in a week. Do you want to review?", vbYesNo) = vbYes Then
DoCmd.OpenForm "Form1", , , , , acDialog
End If
ProgramExit:
Exit Sub
ErrorHandler:
MsgBox Err.Number & " - " & Err.Description
Resume ProgramExit
End If
End Sub

so how can i alter this code to be like as you said..i seriously don't know what to do..
hope you can help me..

thank in advance.

mahenkj2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:43
If DCount("ID", "Table1", "date_return BETWEEN #" & Date & "# AND #" & Date + 7 & "#") > 0 Then

When amount is returned actually, You can add

AND Not IsNull([Date_Return])

in the Dlookup criteria to check that if it is already filled simultaneously with one week duration.

If DCount("ID", "Table1", "date_return BETWEEN #" & Date & "# AND #" & Date + 7 & "# AND Not IsNull([Date_Return])") > 0 Then

Just play with it.

nhk

Registered User.
Local time
i figured my problem..

actually i don't have any function for returning the items. i only have data entry to key in the info about user, the item and also date taken and date return..

do you have any coding to make return button for example if i show all record that i have key in then it will have one button to make it return the items.

so, it will closed the reminder..

thank in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom