VBScript copy file to folder then cut it and past it in another folder (1 Viewer)

Alhakeem1977

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:02
How can make a VBScript that when a pdf file exist in a folder called 'SOURCE' then three steps have to be done.
Step one: make pdf as a searchable file if possible then reduce the file size.
Step two: copy the file to a folder called 'BACKUP'.
Step three: CUT the file from 'SOURCE' and PAST it in a folder called 'FOR REVIEW'.
The file will not be exist after the hole process in the 'SOURCE' folder.

How can achieve thies stips with a script in vbScript?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 09:02
Why bother placing it in the SOURCE folder in the first place?
Just save it to the BACKUP folder and copy to FOR REVIEW (or make a second copy)

BTW I've removed the SOLVED tag on the thread.

Alhakeem1977

Registered User.
Local time
Why bother placing it in the SOURCE folder in the first place?
Just save it to the BACKUP folder and copy to FOR REVIEW (or make a second copy)

BTW I've removed the SOLVED tag on the thread.
Thanks for your prompt response [emoji106][emoji4]
Because I want to handle the continuity and the sycle of the pdf documents (SOURCE Folder is the output of the scanned documents from scanner) may you can correct me if it's possible that this process can be achieved without duplicates because the loop process will copy and past the exsisting files.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
OK. Unless you can change your scanner settings it looks like you will have to do the extra step.
Similarly, I would suggest you change the scanner settings to create a searchable optimised PDF in the first place. I don't know whether you can alter a non searchable PDF retrospectively.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
make pdf as a searchable file
you will need an API from adobe acrobat (not reader) or similar to do this. Alternatively if you are using office 2013 or later you can use vba code to open the pdf and save as a docx.

Alternatively and it depends on the scanner but there are ones which will scan and save as a text file.

Alhakeem1977

Registered User.
Local time
Ok I checked the scanner it has an option to create it with searchable file but there is no option to reduce it.

So moving further, how can I automate this process by building a VBScript syntax? I know how to create the Tasks Scheduler to run the VBScript file but I do not know how to build the script.

By the way, is it possible to handle the whole process automatically once the pdf file updated from the scanner to the SOURCE folder by MS Access? Means no need to go to the Access and open it to do the process, Fully automated.

I have to solve this issue ASAP I really need your help guys [emoji17]

Any other suggestions are welcome [emoji4]

Alhakeem1977

Registered User.
Local time
OK. Unless you can change your scanner settings it looks like you will have to do the extra step.

Similarly, I would suggest you change the scanner settings to create a searchable optimised PDF in the first place. I don't know whether you can alter a non searchable PDF retrospectively.
Please find below my response

Alhakeem1977

Registered User.
Local time
you will need an API from adobe acrobat (not reader) or similar to do this. Alternatively if you are using office 2013 or later you can use vba code to open the pdf and save as a docx.

Alternatively and it depends on the scanner but there are ones which will scan and save as a text file.
Please find my response

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom