Query Criteria (1 Viewer)

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:15
Incidentally a block is a work area and a plant is a smaller section within that area
which implies that in your form, you can only choose plants that are in the block.

I am at a loss to provide further guidance - suggest you upload a copy of your db - remove or disguise anything sensitive, then compact/repair and zip your db

Emma35

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:15
Ok i'm uploading a version which has a lot of info removed so sorry if you get the odd error message. Apologies also if my explanations haven't been as clear as they could have been.
Thanks again for your time

Attachments

• Test - Copy.zip
    250.1 KB · Views: 74

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
there is no data in your main table so nothing is returned, also, no report

however your cboBlock control is bound to column 2 and there is only 1 column so it should be bound to column 1

you have not set up any relationships - you said plant belongs to a block so your relationships should reflect that.

Emma35

Registered User.
Local time
I'm beginning to think i might as well start this thing again and build my own version rather than take a short cut and use the existing database....looks like it wasn't set up very well in the first place ?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
if it is part of a bigger app, not enough to tell whether it is worth starting again

the lack of relationships may be the result of you copying tables across but not the relationships

did you fix the issue with the block combo and did it correct the problem?

Emma35

Registered User.
Local time
Hi...yes i changed the block combo but same result. I'm sure there's something wrong i'm not seeing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom