Convert 3-char month & year to Date (1 Viewer)

ALewis06

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:28
I have 2 columns that are listed as such:

AssumptionMo AssumptionYr
MAY 2014
JUN 2015
JUL 2015
OCT 2016

I need to create a field called AssumpDate that converts the month into a date field on the 1st day of the month. ex May 2014 needs to read 5/1/2014. When I use the expression AssumpDate: DateValue("1-" & [Assumption_Month] & "-" & Year(Date())) of course the year changes to the current one--2015. How can I I change the expression so that the year is based on the AssumptionYr column?

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 17:28
Well, since your code shouldn't work to begin with, I don't know.

Your expression uses [Assumption_Month], but the columns you listed in your sample data is AssumptionMo.

Which is it? Also, you seriously haven't played around with your expression to see if you could get it to work?

ALewis06

Registered User.
Local time
I meant to name the column AssumptionMonth of course, not AssumptionMo. I am indeed playing around with it now. Thank you

ALewis06

Registered User.
Local time
Well, since your code shouldn't work to begin with, I don't know.

Your expression uses [Assumption_Month], but the columns you listed in your sample data is AssumptionMo.

Which is it? Also, you seriously haven't played around with your expression to see if you could get it to work?

No wonder you asked if I had played around with it; I made the ridiculously simple seem hard. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom