Alternative to ApplyFilter (1 Viewer)

Tecate_Beer

Local time
Today, 04:11
Hey Guys!
I have a table that I need to search part numbers on.. for each single record it has multiple part number columns each named differently (PART01, PART01, PART03... PART10)

I am trying to do a search form to look in these different columns a specific part number per search.
I tried the ApplyFilter option running it thru a macro, but it doesnt give me enough caracter space to write the whole expression to look into the 10 columns, this is the expression I am using:

[PART01] Like "*" & [Forms]![FrmSearch]![Text47] & "*" Or [PART02] Like "*" & [Forms]![FrmSearch]![Text47] & "*"

So on, so forth.
I have been succesful with this option in searching the first 4 columns in each record, but the expression builder doesnt have more than 255 caracters to write on..
Is there a another way I can get this done? so each search is made in the 10 columns per record?
thx for all the help!
:banghead:

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 07:11
Stand by for some (sound) advice on table normalization. I would give it myself, but I would just be repeating what others have posted, and they are far better than me at this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom