Ask for Password whe Yes/No Box is used (1 Viewer)

kobiashi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:37
Hi

I am trying to create a digital signature function, not a complex, what i want to do is, when the user chooses his name, from a drop down box, then ticks a yes/no box, a popup box appears asking for the users password, when he enters his own password, it adds an image of his signature into another box.

Table 1
User_ID | UserName | Password | Signature

Form 1

Combo Box (Name Select)
Yes/No Box (tick to add signature)
Image box ( input signature here)

So when the user chooses his/her name in combo box, then ticks yes/no box, popup box appears asking for password, if entered password is correct, then signature image is applied to signature box.

I'm new to VBA so, i have no idea where to start with this function, any help would be most greatfully recieved

bastanu

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 21:37
Have a look at the attached sample. Please make sure you update the path to the signature file in the table (recommend storing paths to the files and not the images themselves in the table).

Cheers,
Vlad

Attachments

• AskForPassword.zip
    32.2 KB · Views: 34

kobiashi

Registered User.
Local time
thank you, thats awesome!!!

kobiashi

Registered User.
Local time
is there any way i can use attachments with this code, instead of storing the images in a folder?

kobiashi

Registered User.
Local time

kobiashi

Registered User.
Local time
thanks for the advice, but when it comes to access, im a novice, so im learning as i go, up until now, i have been storing images in an attachment, but as ive been reading, its not a good idea, and storing the file path is better, but as i dont know anything about that method, and im struggling to find anything, i assume my search criteria isnt right, and although i appreciate your help, i dont really understand the method.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
You have been given advice on handling images by two people in your other similar thread. No point adding further solutions here.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I'm struggling to find anything, i assume my search criteria isnt right ----

You are correct! It is difficult to search and find something without the correct search terms... However it's difficult to know what the correct search phrases should be until you've got experience so it's the typical chicken and egg situation.

You can utilise the excellent abilities of Google to search this very forum --- "AWF" (Access World Forums) This should help no end, because by restricting your search to be within AWF, then your results are going to be honed in on previous questions answered by experts.

I provide instructions in a YouTube video see "Searching For Answers" I also provide a ready-made URL to affect your search on my blog here:-

http://www.niftyaccess.com/vba-beginner/

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:37
Just FYI, it may seem convenient to allow people to choose their userID from a list but security wise, it is better to have them type it. Having to come up with two pieces of data is more difficult for hackers than having to come up with only one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom