Runtime error when i open a form (1 Viewer)

rick roberts

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:25
im definitely considering putting my head back firmly in the sand lol
this program will eventually just be shared by 2 computers so i imagine that splitting is not necessary? my intention was to put it on one computer and the other will eccess it through the network - the program will not be used by the two comps at any one time
you think that if the program is installed on the drive of the comp then the email will work? im not scheduled to visit the office til next week but will try it then and see if it makes a difference
thanks again

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
You need to search the forum and the net for Splitting an Access db. There's more to it than just placing the db on the home drive.

I haven't got any good links on the laptop I'm using now but if I remember I'll post you some later tomorrow.

Splitting is necessary.

rick roberts

Registered User.
Local time
ive had a look at a few articles regarding splitting the database but they seem to suggest that the reasoning behind it is to allow multi accessing of the tables which isnt needed in my case but if you say that its the route i should take then i dont think theres a problem (famous last words) ive gone through the procedure on my comp and all seems well

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
That's the general assumption. If I didn't think splitting your db was necessary I won't have mentioned it. There's a much bigger topic about splitting your db which I can't go into now. Even single user db's should be split to avoid the inevitable db corruption.

See this link:

http://allenbrowne.com/ser-01.html

osdaf974abqo

Banned
Local time
Yesterday, 17:25
Yea, the db just shuts down when it encounters an error that hasn't been trapped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom