Use VB to open a form based on a combo box selection (1 Viewer)

LinaRose

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:37
Hello,

I work for a government contracting job and my database is set up to produce invoices for specific jobs. I created a navigation form for data entry and once the employee is finished entering the pertinent information he/she will click a command button "Run report" and bada bing everything will be there! However each job has to keep a running total of expenses and payments made so I created another navigation form for a different job. What I need to do is open a dialog box (which I already made) with a combo box to select a Job ID. There are only two options at the moment because the company is small, but there is potential for more. So I need help writing a code that opens one of the two navigation forms for data entry upon combo box selection. Help would be greatly appreciated. You might be able to tell I am still learning Access so if you know of an easier way for me to do this let me know!

Thanks!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:37
If you're saying you have a different form for each job, that's almost certainly a mistake. How do they differ? Are there tables for each job too? Same fields?

LinaRose

Registered User.
Local time
The Jobs have different budgets but they're under the same contract. So On each invoice I need to post a running total of expenses for each job. I have queries that calculate these expenses for each job.

LinaRose

Registered User.
Local time
I'll explain the order of this business: First it starts with customers. For each customer they may have several contracts. Each contract has a certain number of jobs. We issue monthly invoices to the customer for each job. Each job has a budget so each invoice needs to reflect year to date expenses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom