Report or Macro to run multiple queries using the same parameters (1 Viewer)

dshervin

Local time
Today, 12:19
Hello all,

This is my first post, and I am hoping someone here could welcome me to the community and the world of Access by helping me out with a problem I have. So I run cash flow for a business, and we export data from Oracle and insert it into an access database. I have to run about 25 queries, entering in the same parameters for each. We number each week of the year. So for say the first week in January, I would run the first query and it asks: Beginning Week, I enter in 1, then another paramter value asks me the ending week. I have to enter in these parameters for each of the 25 or so queries, and it becomes quite irritating. Each query has a number of columns, but I am only interested in obtaining the sum of one of the columns, titled Distribution amount. So I am looking for something that will run each of my specified queries, then spit out the total of the distribution column for each in a table like.

Query 1: Total Distribution
Query 2: Total Distribution
etc....

Is there anything that would allow me to do this, with entering in the week parameter once, say week 1 start, week 1 end. and it use those same parameters for each query? :banghead:

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:19
Hi and welcome.

You can create a Form with text boxes. Enter your parameter in the text box.

Change the query to refer to these controls on the form.

Then have some buttons to run your queries.

There is a code builder to the right on the Parameter cell in the query. Use this to help build your SQL.

Hope this Helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom