parameter reference in navigation form (1 Viewer)

hockey8837

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:44
Hello,
I'm having trouble with the Access 2010 navigation forms. Basically, I'm having issues running reports with parameter queries from subforms within a navigation form, that's within a larger navigation form.

I have my 'base' navigation form, 'frmMain', and one of the tabs in that form is 'tabReports'. This is where I may have gone wrong in my design, but I have a second navigation form in this 'tabReports', where I wanted the user to be able to click through tabs along the side that bring up subforms on which there are combo boxes (which the queries are based from) and a command button to run the report.

This all works fine when I have the subforms open separately (popped out/dialogue), but when they're within the navigation form, I get prompted for the parameters that have been defined in my queries.

I'm an access amateur, and new to 2010-so really trying to determine the functionality of these template navigation forms. My alternative is to just have buttons on this nav. form which launch the reports subform, instead.

(also, before anyone suggests it, I've already looked at http://access.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0031.htm and tried a variety of combinations to reference my combo boxes to no avail. I've also tried the expression builder, but my subforms don't show up in the 'loaded forms')

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 09:44
Post a running stripped version of your database with some sample data.

hockey8837

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:44
Here's what I'm working with. When you go into the reports tab in the main form, the reports wont' run off of the subnavigation form, but run fine when you open the report subforms themselves when you select start and end dates.

I'm also having issues getting the Like NZ([], "*") to run with these parameters so that the user can leave the text boxes blank to return all records.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• Z Contacts.zip
    370.5 KB · Views: 108

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 09:44
It should work now.

Attachments

• Z Contacts.zip
    368.3 KB · Views: 119