Question How do I open a MS Access created VB application thru a mapped network drive? (1 Viewer)

ccnyc

Local time
Today, 17:53
Hello!
I'm not a programmer or MS Access/ Visual Basic expert by any means; in fact, I know nothing in this field. We had a programmer many years ago at our company who we no longer have contact with and he created a database for us and a corresponding application thru visual basic. All the files (including the .mdb and .exe) are on one computer and he basically mapped network drives on all other computers and that's how we all have access to this application.So basically, we can all enter/edit information on this application from any computer at any time and even at the same time.
I had the unfortunate situation of my computer getting a virus so I had to wipe it out totally and reinstall windows. I proceeded to re-map the network drive from my computer but when i click on the application (.exe), it doesn't run... it says "Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)': [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified"
What am I doing wrong? PLEASE help I've been trying to figure this out since 2011! Thank you so much in advance!

PS

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom