update table from query (1 Viewer)

basilyos

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:03
hello guys,

i have a query that counts how many times the same record exist

and i have table that i want to update the field on counter with the data from this query

this is the query
Code:
SELECT Count(tbl_Personal_Sanctions_02.Sanction_Date) AS txt_Numbers_Original
FROM tbl_Personal_Sanctions_02
WHERE (((tbl_Personal_Sanctions_02.PID)=[Forms]![frm_Sanctions_Out]![PID]) AND ((tbl_Personal_Sanctions_02.Sanction_Date) Between [Forms]![frm_Sanctions_Out]![Sanctions_Date]-3650 And [Forms]![frm_Sanctions_Out]![Sanctions_Date]) AND ((tbl_Personal_Sanctions_02.Sanction_Code.Value)=[Forms]![frm_Sanctions_Out]![Sanctions_Code_01]));

now i want to update the field code1counter in table 1 with the data from the field txt_Numbers_Original in the query

any solution plz

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 06:03
Why save the results of your count? Just obtain the values as needed using your aggregate query

If you really insist on saving them, you have a problem to overcome.
Aggregate queries are READ ONLY. So if you run an update query on the destination table using your aggregate query as the source data, I believe you will get an error that you must use an updateable query

To get around that, you could save the results of your aggregate query to a TEMP table using a MAKE TABLE query. Then use the TEMP table as the source for your UPDATE query

The issues with this approach are that:
a) the values won't necessarily be up to date.
b) repeatedly making TEMP tables will cause database bloat & may lead to instability

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom