Appology (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwager990

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:26
Dear AW Members,

I wish to issue an appology for Cross-Posting my access query question here and AF.

I was not aware that cross-posting was an issue, it was simply my intention to look at every posible idea and then consider which was most suitable.

I am new to Access so all ideas were helpful.

Since the discussion on the other Forum has been more helpful I have deleted the threat here, henceforth ending the cross-post and there for I consider this issue resolve.

I again appologise to those it has offended and thank you for your help.

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:26
The policy is (I believe) to not secretly cross-post. If we know it is cross-posted ahead of time, we might consider our replies differently, but the issue has always been openness. Our site owner Jon is the ultimate authority on that, but what I have stated is what I have seen over the last several years.

cwager990

Registered User.
Local time
The policy is (I believe) to not secretly cross-post. If we know it is cross-posted ahead of time, we might consider our replies differently, but the issue has always been openness. Our site owner Jon is the ultimate authority on that, but what I have stated is what I have seen over the last several years.
I did not actively seek hide the fact it was cross posted. I would have said it was a cross post if I had known I was required to do so.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Thanks for following up but perhaps you have misinterpreted what has been said. It's not a huge issue and I'm sure you will in future follow standard forum etiquette

As you will see from reading the supplied link, the real issue isn't cross posting as such.
The point is that those responding don't want to spend time answering a question when the same or similar points have already been made.

For that reason, all you needed to do was say you had cross posted and provide the link
You didn't need to delete the other thread

I've posted almost the same comment at the other forum :)

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Today, 03:26
I wish to issue an appology...
I have deleted the threat here, henceforth ending the cross-post and there for I consider this issue resolve.
According to my understanding...
  • You don't issue an apology, you offer one.
  • As a confessed wrong-doer offering an apology, you do not declare resolution, you request it.
Just a couple of thoughts I have on the matter of apology...
Mark

Last edited:

cwager990

Registered User.
Local time
According to my understanding...
  • You don't issue an apology, you offer one.
  • As a confessed wrong-doer offering an apology, you do not declare resolution, you request it.
Your words ring hollow to me on these points,
Mark
I am sorry my wording is incorrect I have some learning difficulties and this is not a strong point for me.

I would like to ask what you please accept my apology on both points

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I was going to chip in to this thread earlier, wish I had, it might have gone in a different Direction!

It's logical and perfectly acceptable to cross post. I can't speak for anyone else, but because it is such a logical thing to do, I'm pretty sure that most programmers have done it, and probably still do it.

I can't remember the particular incident when I committed this heinous crime, but I do remember being told in no uncertain terms that you shouldn't cross post.

It's only recently that the wind has changed, and now cross posting is accepted, as long as you refer to each posting in both (all the multiples) of the post.

It's not nice being told you've done something wrong, particularly when it's one of those sneaky things that don't seem wrong at the time, so it can smart a bit.

I can't see anything wrong with your apology, they are difficult to do, particularly as I have alluded to; that you probably don't feel that you have done something wrong in the first place. So good luck and let's all get on!

I will freeze this thread for the time being...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom