Audit Trail (1 Viewer)

BLOCKHEAD

Local time
Today, 03:38
how to set up Access User Level Security in version 2007/2010 ?.

You cannot. It has been removed in 2007+. BUT you can use the Windows API and VB to get the Network Used Id.

Private Declare Function apiGetUserName _
Lib "Advapi32" _
Alias "GetUserNameA" ( _
ByVal Buffer As String, _
BufferSize As Long _
) As Long

Private Sub cmdGetUserName_Click()
txtGetUserName.Value = GetUserName()
End Sub

Ludique

Local time
Although GHudson's audittrail solution was posted 10 years ago, I have found nothing better: it's simple, fast and effective. Thank you.

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:38
Although GHudson's audittrail solution was posted 10 years ago, I have found nothing better: it's simple, fast and effective. Thank you.

You're welcome!

Dazzy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:38
Hi

I am getting a data mismatch error after selecting items from a multi select combobox, is there a way to solve this?

Thanks

Dazzy

Registered User.
Local time
Can anyone help me with the issue with multi select combobox? It is doing my head in.

Thanks in advance

Dazzy

Registered User.
Local time
Out of curiosity has anyone using this audittrail ever created a moderators hub in their db?

IE something like showing newly added records in the past two weeks and edited records in the past two weeks?

Having a really hard time with staff here continually entering the wrong data.

For example

Two fields

Cert Claim Date
Cert Recv Date

Pretty self explanatory right? Well for some reason staff enter the same date in both these fields, even though after we claim a cert it could be 4 to 6 weeks before a cert is received.

Eljefegeneo

Still trying to learn
Local time
GHudson:
I do not want to appear really stupid, but when I try to open the file it won't let me. Says it is in read-only mode and I can't open it. And yes, I am trying to open it in Access 2010 which is the only version I have. Any suggestions. Would really like to see what you have done. Thanks.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
>>>but when I try to open the file it won't let me. Says it is in read-only mode<<<

That's a windows setting on your file. Probably happened when you unzipped and or copied it.

Eljefegeneo

Still trying to learn
Local time
No, I have been able to download and/or unzip files before without any problem. I'll try it again tomorrow on another computer. Thanks for answering. Not a big deal anyway.

jrsaturnino

Local time
Today, 17:38
Here is the new and improved version of my Audit Trail sample. Please post back if you have any suggestions. Thanks!

I am just new to this website however i found this website very useful for a beginner like me. I am working a simple Subsidiary Ledger for my studies and i think a piece of advise from you guys would help me improve. Here is my problem, i want to track down all users log-ins and the changes made in access.

I think your post ghudson is helpful only that i cannot view them since this requires at least 10 posts to view the file you shared. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom