Suppress "missing reference" error caused by referenced MDE (1 Viewer)

PleasantB

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:34
I am referencing an MDE file (for which I do not have the original source) in order to utilize some of its contained functions.
The MDE is referencing a discontinued library (OWC10.DLL version 1.0), causing a missing reference error every time I open the code editor.

Fortunately, absence of this library does not impact functionality at all but I would prefer not having this warning come up all the time.

Is there anyway I can suppress it?

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:34
That DLL is an Office XP web components file. You could try installing that file. It should co-exist.

Otherwise, the MDE needs updating and without the original source ....

PleasantB

Registered User.
Local time
How would I go about installing OWC10.DLL?
My application is deployed on multiple computers so, unless I can just include OWC10.DLL with the application, installing it probably isn't viable.

EDIT:
I downloaded OWC10.DLL from Fix4Dll and placed it in the same folder as my application. Voila, the error message is gone.

Last edited:

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:34
I downloaded OWC10.DLL from Fix4Dll and placed it in the same folder as my application
That's what I meant by installing the file. Similarly for any other PC running your application.

PleasantB

Registered User.
Local time
I was thinking I'd have to run regsvr32 or the like, I didn't realize it was as simple as placing the DLL in the application folder.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 06:34
In many cases it isn't that simple and it is usually safer to add the dll file to the windows system32 folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom