"Visitors Book" Style Database (1 Viewer)

Richie2837

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:49
Hi,

Our charity depends a great deal upon funding from the five local authorities whose areas we serve, the amount they award us depending upon the number of visitors we receive from their areas.

Up until now we have operated a visitors-book system whereby we ask all visitors to sign in, giving the area they are visitng from. At the end of each month, we manually calculate the numbers of visitors we have received from the five local authority areas. A bit of a pain come end-of-month!

We are looking to turn this system into a database to enable us to generate reports showing the same information (numbers of visitors by area) at the end of each month. Can anyone advise as to the best way of designing this, I'm sure it would be very simple but time is not on my side. I'm imagining a simple form where a name can be typed (or selected from a list if it already exists), fields for date/time in and date/time out (ideally populated with the handy double-mouse-click rather than manually typing) and a field for the local authority area they are from.

Then the only other thing would be a report by area showing total numbers of visitors for any given monthly period.

If anyone is feeling charitable and would like to knock something together along these lines, or already have something which can be adapted, this local charity for the blind and vision impaired will be forever grateful!

Thanks guys.

rich
www.gwentblind.org

Dennisk

AWF VIP
Local time
I do'nt have any spare time till April, as I'm on leave from Fri. for two weeks.
What version of access to you use.

These are the tables to create though

tblVisitor
VisitorID Autonumber Primarykey
visitorSurname text
VisitorForename text
AreaID numeric

tblArea
AreaID Autonumber primarykey
Area - text

use the form wizard to create your form and turn the areaID (tblVisitors) into a combobox and use either the Area table as the recordsource or - better a query that sorts the area by name.

use the report wizard to create you report complete with grouping and totaling.

Richie2837

Registered User.
Local time
We use Access 2003

Peter Reid

Registered User.
Local time
If anyone is feeling charitable and would like to knock something together along these lines ......

If you're still looking for someone to do this for you then I'll put something together over the weekend.

Alan R

Registered User.
Local time
Local Help

Riche,

I notice that somebody has already offered to help but i am willing to help if required. Incidentley i live in Cwmbran.

If you prefer, PM me.

Regards

Alan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom