Report not printing all records. (1 Viewer)

George-Bowyer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:20
I have quite a complicated report that prints a directory for officials in clubs.

There are three columns in the page and each column has one or two sub-sub-reports in a column sub-reports.

Whilst proof-reading, I have observed that certain people seem to be being omitted, seemingly at random.

For example, where a club has two secretaries (column 2, 1st report) on most occasions both are shown, but occasionally someone is just omitted by the report, seemingly at random, even though their info is definitely in the source query.

I don't know if it's relevant, but the 2nd sub-sub report in column 2 is for a volunteer position that 90% of clubs don't have, so whilst the "2 sub-sub-reports in one column sub report" might be relevant, it does not seem to be linked to whether there is data in the 2nd report.

I have absolutely no idea where to start looking for why it would be like this - or how to explain it more clearly...

Any guesses would be welcome...?

Thanks

George

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
This will probably be a data issue, but without seeing the report and or data very difficult to guess I'm afraid.

Are there any unusual blanks / nulls displayed on the underlying query?
Is there a correlation between the missing report and the linking fields for the sub report?
Can the sub report(s) grow in size enough to display all the data?

George-Bowyer

Registered User.
Local time
Ok, I have worked out that the missing records are somehow caused by having a group sort on the Contact name (eg: "Bowyer, George") field in the secretaries sub-report.

If I take the sort out they're all there (but in random order). If I have it in, most are there, in alphabetical order, but some disappear.

I cannot see anything in the underlying query for the relevant records that would cause a problem (no "forbidden characters" for example).

Last edited:

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Is the contact name a calculated field (e.g. [LastName] & "," & [FirstName] ) ?

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
do the missing ones not have any entries in the sub-report data, perhaps?

George-Bowyer

Registered User.
Local time
Is the contact name a calculated field (e.g. [LastName] & "," & [FirstName] ) ?

Yes, it is. However, it's not calculated directly in this report.

The report gets its data from qryBookSecretaries, which gets some of it's data from qryPeople. Contact Name is a calculated field in qryPeople.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Ok, I have worked out that the missing records are somehow caused by having a group sort on the Contact name (eg: "Bowyer, George") field in the secretaries sub-report.

maybe it is only printing the first one in the group, and not the others. What is a group sort? What sorting and grouping do you have?

George-Bowyer

Registered User.
Local time

maybe it is only printing the first one in the group, and not the others. What is a group sort? What sorting and grouping do you have?

Bad wording on my part.

At the bottom of the report, it is grouped on ClubName and then sorted on ContactName, with A on top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom