Percentages (1 Viewer)

Southardde

Local time
Today, 10:52
Hello,

I have a access database of survey answers and I've been asked to apply percentages to the answers for each question. For example the first question is "How well do you feel this Summit met it's objective"... answers can be "Average", "Very Well", Excellent", etc. Is it possible to get Access to give me a percentage of how many attendees said "Excellent"? Please know that I am new to Access so I need responses to be dumbed down for me. :D

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 12:52
What you want to accomplish is an integral skill in databases. Therefore, I recommend you really learn this subject, not just get the specific answer to this situation.

What you want is an aggregate query, this is a good place to start learning about them:

https://support.office.com/en-gb/ar...-a-query-430a669b-e7fd-4c4b-b154-8c8dbbe41c8a

If that seems to over your head, google "SQL Aggegrate Query Tutorial"

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:52
How are the values:- "Average", "Very Well", Excellent" recorded? Are they all represented by a separate field and a checkbox? Are they represented by an option group selection? Or some other method? It might pay to create a simplified version of your database excluding any confidential information and just the form or forms that perform the functions you are having problems with...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom