Conditional formatting short date field (1 Viewer)

Balder

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:51
Hi
Because of changes in my work life I have not been active on this forum for some years
Several years ago, I created a reservation system for my company. It was supposed to last for a few years only and I have since changed jobs several times, but are still in the same company.
It turns out that my reservation system is still in use 12 years later. It also seems that some changes have been made to the database by other people during those years.
Out of the blue, the new reservation manager contacted me and wanted some minor fixes to several things. Being very very rusty I still managed to fix most of them, except for one problem.
In the main reservation form the field [arrival] is entered as “23.11.2019 13.00”, 13.00 being the arrival time. When a customer do not give us any arrival time none is entered, it is left blank, but reports display arrival time as 00.00.
In the report sent to customers we have split arrival date and arrival time in two fields, arrival date with format as “short date” and arrival time formatted as “short time”
My challenge is to set conditional formatting for the [arrival] field formatted as “short time” to be blank when the time is 00:00. I have tried several solutions but none are working for me, again I am extremely rusty.
Any help would be much appreciated.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:51
Hi. Have you tried using a calculated column for the report? For example,
Code:
IIf(TimeValue([arrival])=0,"",Format([arrival],"Short Time"))

Balder

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:51
Thanks, that worked. Super happy, only problem is they will pester me for more stuff to fix.
Well, maybe it is time to read up on Access again.....

Best regards

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:51
Thanks, that worked. Super happy, only problem is they will pester me for more stuff to fix.

Best regards
Hi. Glad to hear you got it to work. Good luck with your project.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 08:51

Best regards

Don't forget there is Google now as well. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom