pass a SQL to a subform (1 Viewer)

NT100

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:03
Hi, I built a lstTutor in a form and would like to list the selected tutor with its appointment history in sbfApptHistory (subform). I have no idea of creating fields for it with VBA codes and just created a blank subform.

tblTutor = tutor's table for peronsal particulars
tblTAppt = tutor's appointment table
tblTRank = tutor's staff rank

The tutors are added to lstTutor with a condition from fraOption.

I used a SQL below and Me.sbfApptHistory.Form.RecordSource = SQL

SQL = "SELECT tblTAppt.TRef, tblTAppt.UID, tblTAppt.ApptStart_Dt, tblTAppt.ApptStart_Dt, tblTAppt.ApptEnd_Dt, tblTAppt.AppointedBy, tblTAppt.JobPosition, tblTRank.HDesc " & _
"FROM (tblTAppt INNER JOIN tblTutor ON tblTAppt.TRef = tblTutor.TRef) INNER JOIN tblTRank ON tblTAppt.RankCode = tblTRank.ID " & _
"WHERE tblTAppt.TRef = " & lstTutor.Column(0) & " " & _
"ORDER BY tblTAppt.ApptEnd_Dt DESC"

However, I run into an error of "2467", "the expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist".

I don't know why. Welcome any idea on this.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:03
just created a blank subform
You cannot just create a blank subform control without a source object. You need to build the form or query first. If you want this in datasheet view simply build the query definition and save the query. Use the query as the source object of the subform. Get rid of the where clause
Code:
"SELECT tblTAppt.TRef, tblTAppt.UID, tblTAppt.ApptStart_Dt, tblTAppt.ApptStart_Dt, tblTAppt.ApptEnd_Dt, tblTAppt.AppointedBy, tblTAppt.JobPosition, tblTRank.HDesc FROM (tblTAppt INNER JOIN tblTutor ON tblTAppt.TRef = tblTutor.TRef) INNER JOIN tblTRank ON tblTAppt.RankCode = tblTRank.ID ORDER BY tblTAppt.ApptEnd_Dt DESC"

Now link the subform to the listbox using the link criteria
Master Link Fields: [lstTutor]
Child Link Fields: [TRef]

Now when you make a selection in the listbox the subform will automatically filter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom