Go Back   Access World Forums > Access World > Site Suggestions

Old 08-11-2018, 10:25 AM   #1
June7
Newly Registered User

June7 will become famous soon enough
Table builder, AutoSave, Return to Top, Solved marking

Nice to have features:

Table builder/edit tools at least on the Advanced post editor.

Auto Save of reply during composing for recovery in case of accidental closure of thread window.

Return to Top button.

Allow any poster in thread to mark Solved.

Old 08-11-2018, 07:35 PM   #2
jleach
Newly Registered User

jleach will become famous soon enough
Re: Table builder, AutoSave, Return to Top, Solved marking

Table builders are always nice. Usually the alternative is to use code tags and build an ASCII table, which is never really fun.

Most browsers will detect a filled but non-submitted form and confirm closing and losing changes. Might be easier to leverage some basic markup to get the browsers to recognize that versus implementing a custom feature for it.

Return to Top: I usually use Home or Page Up keys myself, but doesn't seem to work if you're in a textarea.

Any poster to mark as Solved: not sure I'd care for that myself. While I don't really worry too much about the solved/unsolved status, I think if I were asking a question, I'd not want someone else to mark it solved for me, as I might not agree. I remember the first (and only time) I used a Bounty at StackOverflow and I HAD to mark a response as correct when my time was up, which I thought was ridiculous being that nobody was able to give a satisfactory response. I think this could be helpful in cases where the OP is long gone and someone might want the thread marked as solved though.

My 2cents. Cheers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Microsoft MVP 2012-2016
jleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 04:37 AM   #3
Uncle Gizmo
Nifty Access Guy

Uncle Gizmo is a jewel in the rough Uncle Gizmo is a jewel in the rough Uncle Gizmo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via Skype™ to Uncle Gizmo

Regarding marking "Solved" - definitely an issue, and there are definitely problems in how it's implemented.

By way of a short-term experiment, I would suggest that if you see a thread you think should be marked Solved, then hit the "Report Post" button and add the comment "I think this should be Marked Solved" moderator(s) will be able to mark it solved, if they see fit.

Obviously the more people that hit the same thread saying it should be marked as solved the easier it is for the moderator(s)...

-------------oOo---U---oOo-------------
|                                     |
|      Uncle Gizmo              |
| Get $20 worth of "Nifty Code"       |
|      
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| | Ooo | |_________________ooO____( )________| ( ) ) / \ ( (_/ \_)
Uncle Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 05:07 AM   #4
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 1,714 Times in 1,591 Posts
isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice

Copying a feature from another forum, I think it would be useful if users were required to state their Access version when starting a new thread e.g. Access 2010 32-bit. A dropdown box with all versions could be supplied and adding 'All Versions' as an alternative.

Website links:

Colin
Previously known as ridders : Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 11:36 AM   #5
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 1,714 Times in 1,591 Posts
isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice

In another thread recently, I asked for the ability to send attachments with private messages. For more info, see https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...13#post1587313

What do others think?

Website links:

Colin
Previously known as ridders : Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: