Please help! (1 Viewer)

Hiba87

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:04
How could I hide the Access splash screen, so the database appears as finalized/executable?

Thanks in advance

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 12:04
Think you have to create a stand alone product package but never done that myself

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Actually it's surprisingly easy to remove the Access splash screen.
Create a .bmp file with the same name as your database file and save it in the same folder.
The bmp file doesn't need to contain a picture - it can be an empty file.
Run your app as usual and the Access splash screen doesn't appear.

To compile your Access file so the code isn't available to end users, it must be saved as an ACCDE file.
This is sometimes wrongly referred to as an Access executable.
However, there is no such thing as a standalone Access app.
You can choose to hide the navigation pane, ribbon and the application window if you wish but Access will still be running in the background

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:04
Colin is right. Creating a .BMP file allows you to build your own customized splash screen. I built a "corporate" logo to replace the Access splash and that worked really well.

Dreamweaver

Local time
Colin is right. Creating a .BMP file allows you to build your own customized splash screen. I built a "corporate" logo to replace the Access splash and that worked really well.

Thats the best thing I've learnt since joining just got a new task to do lol thanks colin/doc_man

Dreamweaver

Local time
I use office 365 and sorry to say didn't work addached pic just so you can see where I may have messed up:D

Attachments

• 2018-11-11.png
    2018-11-11.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 54

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
The BMP file can indeed be used as a splash form in its own right as Doc suggests. If it's empty (or a 1x1 pixel image), it won't be seen so it just suppresses the Access splash screen and goes straight to the app itself.

I generally use the latter method, sometimes with a 'dynamic' splash form in the app itself. For example, see my Currency Exchange Rate Tracker

Dreamweaver

Local time
for some reason it's not working for me even with a aacdb

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
With modern processors the bmp file may open & close very fast.
Now that's fine if you use an empty BMP file as I do as it means the app opens directly with no splash screen

If however you use a 'real BMP image' as a splash form it may not stay open long enough to do what you expect.

BTW - my currency tracker doesn't include a BMP file after all - my mistake

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom