What's your favorite movie quote? (1 Viewer)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 01:00
My favorite movie is Good Will Hunting and my favorite movie quote comes from Robin Williams in that movie when he's counseling Will in his office. It applies to me nowadays, as I'm currently in the dating scene:
You're not perfect sport. And let me save you the suspense. This girl you met, she isn't perfect either. But the question is weather or not you're perfect for each other. That's the whole deal. That's what intimacy is all about. Now you can know everything in the world sport but the only way to find out that one is by giving it a shot.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
I haven't seen many Tarantino films Tony, except for Resevoir Dogs and maybe another 1 or 2. That opening scene in RS with all the criminals shooting the shit at the table in the restaurant is classic! My favorite part is Steve Buscemi's rant about not caring whether waitresses make enuf doing their job. "I don't believe in tipping". What an ass!

deletedT

Local time
Today, 06:00
The Shawshank Redemption

Andy Dufresne:
I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living or get busy dying.

Red:
There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. Not because I'm in here, because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then: a young, stupid kid who committed that terrible crime. I want to talk to him. I want to try to talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone, and this old man is all that's left. I got to live with that. Rehabilitated? It's just a bullshit word.

The first one always makes me think about my life style. I'm working 21 hours a day at two companies for the past 14 years.

The second one reminds me of all the mistakes I've made.

Last edited:

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Andy Dufresne
The Shawshank Redemption
I'm pretty sure Morgan Freeman said that in his narration dialog, and I think I remember him saying Andy said it first.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
"Favorite" quotes might be difficult, but stand-out quotes I can do.

From the first Terminator, the T-800 (Arnold) says "I'll be back." And there was T2, T3: Rise of the Machines, and a couple of others. He was right. He came back. So prophetic.

From the Harry Potter series, Dumbledore to Harry, slightly paraphrased because it is in the context of a longer quote: What defines us are our choices, Harry.

deletedT

Local time
I'm pretty sure Morgan Freeman said that in his narration dialog, and I think I remember him saying Andy said it first.

Andy approaches Norton about Tommy and how his cellmate has claimed the responsibility for the murders, but Norton refuses to listen, and when Andy mentions the money laundering, Norton sends him back to solitary confinement. Tommy is murdered and two month later he's out. Andy and Red are sitting in the yard. That's the first time Andy says:

Later at the end of movie, when Red finds the hidden letter under a stone and read it, he says:
That's goddamn right.

And the next scene Red is heading the Mexican coastal town.

Last edited:

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
From the first Terminator, the T-800 (Arnold) says "I'll be back." And there was T2, T3: Rise of the Machines, and a couple of others. He was right. He came back. So prophetic.
Yes, and then his cohorts got sick of hearing it:
"I'll be back" - Trench (Arnold Schwarzenegger), The Expendables 2

"No, you've been back enough. I'LL be back" - Mr. Church (Bruce Willis) - The Expendables 2

"Yippee Ki Yay" - Trench (Arnold Schwarzenegger), The Expendables 2

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
i sent this one to lsladogs earlier cuz it's so much like a line in his signature, but it's still one of my favorites from hollywood prolly cuz it was said by a black hat hacker:
"Guangzhou is a chemical weapons plant masquerading as a fertilizer plant. We know this. The Chinese know that we know. But we make-believe that we don't know and the Chinese make-believe that they believe that we don't know, but know that we know. Everybody knows" - Travis Dane (Eric Bogosian), Under Siege 2

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:00
I quote I use a lot (mostly in jest) is from 'Red October', 'I was never here'.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Ah, Col, a good quote. But from which movie? I can think of two where that was used.

"Tomorrow is another day" was spoken by:

Vivien Leigh as Scarlett O'Hara in Gone With the Wind, refusing to worry about problems because she can put that off to another day.

Divine as Rosie Velez in Lust in the Dust, cursing her bad luck but thinking there will be someone new in her life tomorrow.

Of course, GWTW was an epic and sweeping story of a divided nation in conflict as seen by people on the (eventual) losing side of the war.

LITD is a somewhat more "tongue in cheek" look at a forgotten corner of the USA "Wild West" that gives us full knowledge of WHY this corner was - and should have been - forgotten. To me it was so absurdly funny that it was almost literally ROFL LMAO PIMP LTIP. You need to have an appropriately bizarre sense of humor to appreciate the film, but I guarantee if you see it, you will NEVER be able to forget it (whether you wanted to or not).

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Ah, Col, a good quote. But from which movie? I can think of two where that was used.

In my mind there are maybe 10 or 15 films that I think are true classics. Some because of fabulous actors and actresses, some of the time they portray, and some of the time they were filmed. (ie, the 1960's/70's)
I won't bore you with my choice because I'm not a film buff, I hate computer generated scenes which make things totally unrealistic. You would only laugh at my choice.

My quote therefore has come from the fabulous "Gone With The Wind". There is no doubt that the USA has produced some fantastic actors and equally fantastic films.

Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
ColinEssex said:
You would only laugh at my choice.

Actually, I probably would not laugh at all, or it would an appreciative laugh, not derisive in any way. Given your comments, I'm guessing that at least one of your favorites might include something directed by Alfred Hitchcock. He wasn't into flash/bang movies or crazy video effects. He was all about plot development, dramatic scenes, pacing, and movie structure.

Last edited:

Wayne

Crazy Canuck
Local time
Today, 02:00
"Go ahead.... Make my day!"

Eastwood all the way!

Wayne

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:00
From Tremors 2...

"I feel I was denied critical, need-to-know information!"
Burt Gummer

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
From the Godzilla (1998) movie, Phillipe (Jean Reno) to "Animal"(Hank Azaria) ...

"I think running would be a good idea."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom