favorite comedians (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 18:29
I am too lazy to go back thru all the post. Did anybody mention Paul Paulson?
ALSO: Is there others out there as old as me to have seen Milton Berle?

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
"Red Dwarf" with Rimmer, Kryton, The Cat & Dave Lister....

Sent from Newbury UK

Thats It! I'm gonna have to search for it online again. I rember it as being pretty funny.

My other favorite was the I.T. Crowd.

@Dick7Access
and Jackie Gleason.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
AKA Uncle Milty?
George Burns, anyone? Want more oldies (mostly "standup")?
Buddy Hackett; Phyllis Diller; Henny Youngman; Gilbert Godfried; Jackie Mason; W.C. Fields.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 17:29
I read in the news the other day that Krispy Kreme is now coming out with a new drinkable version of their doughnut. I can assume this is great news for fat people that are too lazy to chew.

"Yeah I'd like to have a doughnut but I don't actually wanna disengage my temporal mandibular joint. Maybe you can just power-inject into me with a fu**in river reed ok? [folding out his lower lip]...Here, put in right in there."

-Dennis Miller (All In, Las Vegas, NV, 2006)
I'm not sure why this is humorous to me, cuz I've gained a tad myself in the last couple months. If anyone objects to this, I don't mind deleting it. The purpose is to have fun.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Then there was Ernie Kovacs, who was notorious for out-there comedy with a twist.

Yes, Dick7, I remember Uncle Miltie and his famous "takes."

Wayne

Crazy Canuck
Local time
I've always been a big Rodney Dangerfield fan. Saw him live twice here in Toronto. Always good for a laugh.

Wayne

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
IMHO another great one not mentioned and no longer with us is John Pinette. Usually self deprecating and always funny. Did he swear in his monologues? I say "nay, nay".
(quoting JP there).

Last edited:

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
any of you younger guys ever watch Dane Cook?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
I might start another thread on magicians. I doubt that would be as popular as this thread though. But out of curiosity, anyone ever heard of David Blain? I'm sure a lot of you. especially Americans, have heard of David Copperfield? He's the richest magician in history, so I've read.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:29
I can't remember all the comedians I have listened to over the years. I was a big fan of Bill Cosby, but his past has caught up with. I am a big fan of Robin Williams, unfortunately he was pretty vulgar at time. Of course the list goes on with Abbot and Costello, Buster Keaton, etc. I still watch the old re-runs of Hee Haw (funny and corny).

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
have you ever seen the black and white show "Mr. Ed", the talking horse?
Sure. And My Mother The Car; Green Acres; Petticoat Junction; The Munsters; The Addams Family; The Beverly Hillbillies.

I loved Green Acres. Poor Oliver - city slicker trying to live a peaceful life in the country but surrounded by country bumpkins!

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 22:29
Loved Dave Allen, and for Political Satire loved Ben Elton..

Also loved the Comedy Shows on Television, Not the Nine Oclock News was a favourite, along with the Two Ronnies, their 'Four Candles' sketch is a classic..

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
I wish I had any inkling at all about what you guys are talking about. I know jack about UK comedians or even the scene.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Is anybody old enough here beside me to remember the movie called"Macabre". It was suppose to be so scary that they gave you a life insurance policy when you bought your ticket. I know this is not humor but the reason I mention it, is my cousin and I almost got thrown out of the movie theater because we were laughing so much.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
It was suppose to be so scary that they gave you a life insurance policy when you bought your ticket..
oh my, i don't know if I can believe THAT! SO scary? I would assume that would also apply to The Exorcist here in the USA. I read that in the 70s when that damn thing came out, people started walking out of the theatre cuz they were too scared and couldn't keep on watching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom