Increment update query problem (1 Viewer)

hunoob

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:36
Hi there Everyone! I have a problem and I just can't figure out the solution for it. Please try to help if you can.
Actually the problem has two major parts:

1. I have a table (please see the attached file) with three columns. An autofield, a "Code" column and the "Description" column. The problem is with the "Code" column. This column is mainly empty it has just very few records (in the example file, just one). I would like to make a query which adds and incrementing code number to every records of this column, but leaves the already existing ones (you can find how the Code column should look like in the column no. 4, "Code_should_look_like_this" column. Is there a solutio for this problem.

2. If there is a solution for the problem above, then I would like to make this column an autonumber field which will increment the codes (eg C/101, C/102) but it would also allow me to input other values in the record of the column if I want to. Is it possible?

Please try to help if you can! Thank you in advance for your help!

Attachments

• Test_file.accdb
    360 KB · Views: 80

hunoob

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:36
Isn't there really anyone who could help me with this? Is it so hard / impossible to make it? :-(

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
Yesterday, 20:36
You need to keep in mind that this forum is supported by people who volunteer their time, many of whom (like myself) do so in their spare time while they are at work and they have other priorities. A problem like yours (which does not have a solution that can be easily implemented and/or explained) can sometimes take several days before someone finds the time to actually look into it.

I will take a look at it, but it will be at least Monday before I can do so. In the mean time, someone else may jump in, but if not you'll need to be a little patient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom