Vehicle Maintenance Schedule (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

longbreak

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:37
The inspiration for this program comes from a program called Automotive Wolf which uses some access tables but then uses crystal reports which I thought was overkill. Another overkill was that it attempted to cover almost every make and version of vehicle in the entire world except my vehicle. Terrific!!

Many automotive access programs are skewed towards business fleets and I just wanted a service schedule for one personal vehicle, so I used some of the ideas to create a small access database for this purpose, basically using my particular vehicle maintenance requirements only for the database.

The database has everything relating to my particular vehicle as an example so that anything can easily be changed for another vehicle type including the picture which is embedded in one of the forms and of course the name of the database can easily be changed to some other name.

The main table is Schedule which is a list consisting of maintenance and inspection with month and distance intervals. As I never personally need to use the distance requirements the monthly intervals are mostly used although both items are updated whenever there is a service. The Maintenance table is where the service items are actually recorded at the same time as the Schedule table is updated.

The Schedule form doesn't do very much except shows a picture of my vehicle but the most important part is two buttons, Print Report and Show Report in conjunction with three option buttons to display Schedule report for 3, 6 or 9 months in advance for upcoming scheduled service.

The Maintenance form is the main form for entering details of a service. This displays Type of service, service provider, date completed and latest mileage. A button, Provider opens a sub form which is used for selecting a service provider and a combo drop down box with a list of all items. By default 'Oil - Change oil and filter' is selected but may be anything from the list. Back on the Maintenance form there is a list of check boxes for all items which can be linked to the default item. From there a New Service button will update all the items in both Maintenance and Schedule tables. If certain data, such as current odometer is not filled in or is less than the previous mileage or if no items are selected this button will show an error. It then takes the user to the latest table item where the cost items can be filled in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom