Please Admin Delete My Account (1 Viewer)

Newbie8

Banned
Local time
Today, 16:57
I demand to no longer be part of this website again. I am requesting a complete removal and deletion of my account.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 23:57
Any particular reason why you can't just stop posting if you no longer wish to be part of the community?
If all your threads are removed, that also removes replies that other members spent time doing.
It also means the thread is no longer available for the benefit of others.

Before any action is taken can you please give some context and confirm whether your request should be implemented

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 19:57
I have to admit, I'm baffled. I just looked through his post history and don't see anything that could have triggered this.

Dreamweaver

Local time
Maybe he was expecting more help than he got or was expecting us to do it all for him I know there are some out their like that.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Surely there should be a way of leaving threads in place and deleting a user a/c?
Even if it means giving them some random number as a new user name, so they cannot be traced back.?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Concur with MickJay. Like FrothingSlosh, I to went and read the OP’s posts. Knowing the end state, I can see the frustration due to answers not being quick and easy.

Access (databases) are not for everyone and only the persistent survive Newbie8 obviously is not one of them.

That being said, Newbie8, you are in no position to make demands on this forum, once a post is made it becomes the property of AWF. It is unfortunate that you have not gotten the satisfaction I have with being a member - hopefully you will reconsider and come back and give it another go once your head clears.

The bedside manner of some of the people who have taken the time to help you may not be the best, but the help you have received has been great.

Best of luck and my desire that you reconsider is genuine. Access is a great tool and the community needs good people.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
John,
This happened with another member, who did smarten his ways for a short period after some advice as to his attitude and then defaulted back to his normal temperament.

You cannot help some people, even the ones who are too lazy to try and even Google a solution.:(

Now I'm off to find a brain surgery forum somewhere, after all, how hard can it be?. :D

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Now I'm off to find a brain surgery forum somewhere, after all, how hard can it be?. :D

Given the baseline of some, I doubt anyone would notice even if you were to muck it up...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:57
As often as I have patched running systems, I would have to say that I could probably handle my own surgery with mirrors and a good joystick control system. There is only one flaw in this proposal... I tend to faint at the sight of blood.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Surely there should be a way of leaving threads in place and deleting a user a/c?

If the account is deleted, he/she will not be able to access the site except as a guest

The easiest way of deleting an account is to treat the member as a spammer, delete all threads and ban the user. However that also deletes all responses by other members.

It takes longer but it is possible to delete all the user's posts leaving the other posts intact...but this can make the remainder of the thread somewhat incomprehensible. I know this from personal experience at UA. Imagine this thread without post #1...

Or all the threads can just be locked

I've asked the OP to review his/her decision based on another recent poster (latter banned) who asked for his account to be deleted then changed his mind when I checked!

Personally I wonder why the OP doesn't just stop posting / visiting the site

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Over at SomethingAwful, people sometimes request 7 or 30 day bans on the idea that if they can't post, then they will stop wasting time there that they really need to do something else, like big projects at work or study for finals. Not that the latter is particularly likely at this time of the year.

Newbie8

Banned
Local time
Today, 16:57
If the account is deleted, he/she will not be able to access the site except as a guest

The easiest way of deleting an account is to treat the member as a spammer, delete all threads and ban the user. However that also deletes all responses by other members.

It takes longer but it is possible to delete all the user's posts leaving the other posts intact...but this can make the remainder of the thread somewhat incomprehensible. I know this from personal experience at UA. Imagine this thread without post #1...

Or all the threads can just be locked

I've asked the OP to review his/her decision based on another recent poster (latter banned) who asked for his account to be deleted then changed his mind when I checked!

Personally I wonder why the OP doesn't just stop posting / visiting the site

Thank you I sent you an email.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Following a PM from Newbie8 confirming his request to be removed (with no further explanations), I have now imposed a permanent ban but left all posts in place

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Welp, I'll file this one under Unsolved Mysteries alongside 'Where do my socks keep going when the dryer eats them?'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom