VBA for exporting reports to PDF (1 Viewer)

bbsyfek

Local time
Today, 04:01
Hello guys,

I have an issue with my reporting macro.

The main idea is that I have 2 reports that I have to run couple times a day and export them to PDF files. But those reports need parameters input each time they are ran. Is there any way I can set those parameters with value taken from InputBox? Please see attached SS from macro builder.

Thanks in advance

Bart

Attachments

• Przechwytywanie.PNG
    Przechwytywanie.PNG
    26.9 KB · Views: 111

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 07:01
Tempvars!Account = InputBox(…..)
docmd.runMacro "myMacro"

bbsyfek

Local time
Today, 04:01
Tempvars!Account = InputBox(…..)
docmd.runMacro "myMacro"

Uhm, okay but in my case I used TempVar only for naming the files with it. If it's possible I need to set this tempvar as a parameter for those reports.

Edit:
To clarify, when I run this macro I have 3 input boxes. First from my TempVar and second and third from two reports I am running. I need those last two boxes to be filled automatically with TempVar one.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:01
I would create a form with a combo box to pick your account number then you can easily adjust your reports to use that value. Attach something like this to a print button on the form

Code:
    Dim sWhere as String
    Dim sFilepath as string
    Dim lAccountNo as Long

lAccountNo = Me.cmbAcctNo [COLOR="SeaGreen"] ' rename this to your combo control you created[/COLOR]

sFilepath = "C:\Users\filelocation\MyPDF" & lAccountNo & ".pdf"

sWhere = "[AccountNo] = " & lAccountNo

DoCmd.OpenReport "R01 Consignment reconciliation by Acct", acViewPreview, , ,sWhere
    DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "R01 Consignment reconciliation by Acct", "PDFFormat(*.pdf)", sFilepath, False, , , acExportQualityPrint
    DoCmd.Close acReport, "R01 Consignment reconciliation by Acct"

sFilepath = "C:\Users\filelocation\MySecondPDF" & lAccountNo & ".pdf"

DoCmd.OpenReport "R02 Par Level Summary By Acct", acViewPreview, , ,sWhere
    DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "R02 Par Level Summary By Acct", "PDFFormat(*.pdf)", sFilepath, False, , , acExportQualityPrint
    DoCmd.Close acReport, "R02 Par Level Summary By Acct"

Remove the criteria from your reports underlying queries, as this will open them filtered to the correct account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom