Conditional Form Formatting (1 Viewer)

Acme

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:36
Hi All,

I created a form that applies conditional formats depending on a field. It works fine, until you enter data into one of the conditionally formatted fields, then all hell breaks loose. Conditional formats totally go away and the cells go to #error. Does anyone know what is happening / how to fix?
Thanks,

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:36
you need to provide more information, like what is the formula for your conditional formatting, what are you entering into the fields etc

Acme

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:36
I have a form that allows the user to pick a record in another database (A) which programmatically populates several other fields including a record type on the upper form (not a split form mind you). In certain record types, there are stored values that are presented on the form in fields on the left (column A) which are included in a formula calculation that selects Column A values for certain record types, but other record types require the user to enter values manually in Column B that will be referenced in the formula calculations. I use a select case function to determine whether the program will read column A or B depending on the record type field on the form. In addition, when the record type is such that column A is not used, I have conditionally formatted that to a white font and white background so the user does not see it - only sees column B. However, in the case where the user selects a record type that refers to Column A, then I have conditionally formatted column A to have a grey background and black font (and Column B goes to white back and white font).

The presentation works fine until you enter a value in column B. Upon tabbing out of a field in column B, all the cells go to the grey back/black font format, and in addition, they all show up as #error. I do not know why.

Hopefully this is enough clarity.

Thanks,

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:36
Sorry, lots of background but nothing to help me help you. The problem will be with your code so please clarify your code or provide screenshots

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom