Problem with Default formatting option in Conditional formatting Dialog? (1 Viewer)

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Today, 17:57
Hi, Can someone confirm whether the Default formatting option in the Conditional formatting Dialog won't work in datasheet view of a form. Please note that all conditional criteria are working fine but not the Default Formatting option - only in the Datasheet view (In Single Form view the default formatting is working fine)

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 13:27
Yes, Conditional format will work with anything other than Datasheet ! Alternative is to use a Continuous form.

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Paul. Actually the conditional formatting is working on the Datasheet but only the Defualt formatting is not working.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Order precedence of conditional formats is important. What conditions do you have?

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Order precedence of conditional formats is important. What conditions do you have?

Condition1:
Field Value is less than or equal to 1 Fill as Green
Condition2:
Expression is ([Root Cause]='Statement' Or [Root Cause]='Misrouted/hung up/blank calls' Or [Root Cause]='Auto-Cancelled') And ([Ap Inquiry]<3) Fill as Green

Need to format the rest as Red (i.e Values greater than 1 and #Error)

Currently have given an extra condition:
Condition3:
Field Value is greater than 1 Fill as Red

To ask simply. How to format the else condition in the conditional formatting?

Thanks for the reply paul. But I am asking to format the else criteria (i.e The Default Formatting in the Conditional Dialog.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Ok, I thought you already had this in place. If you think about it's not really a default format but more like an extra condition, so that's what you need.
The negation of all three conditions.

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Sorry for that late reply vbaInet. I was out of office for the past two days. that's why couldn't reply you earlier. So can we conclude that the Default formatting option in the Conditional Dialog won't work?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Depends prabha, what version of Access are you using?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Need to format the rest as Red (i.e Values greater than 1 and #Error)

Currently have given an extra condition:
Condition3:
Field Value is greater than 1 Fill as Red

I think Access 2007 has the Default Format but I've got 2010 installed on my laptop and there's no Default Format.

So like already figured out, if it really is a default format and Access 2010, then you can apply the formatting in the property sheet for that control and everything else goes in the Conditional Formatting dialog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom