How to turn of Query auto calculation (1 Viewer)

Infinite

More left to learn.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:38
In excel your able to turn of the calculations from running, unless the user specifies to. Is that possible to do that with access? Thanks!

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Yes. For instance, if something gets calculated in Access, it is always possible to not do that calculation.

Hope this helps,

Infinite

More left to learn.
Local time
Well yes, I could just turn it into a append query, and append it to a (for instance) tblQuery1 instead of qryQuery1. But that quickly gets cluttered.

Infinite

More left to learn.
Local time
Yes. For instance, if something gets calculated in Access, it is always possible to not do that calculation.

How would I do that?

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Combine the use of an IF...END IF block and a toggle button, or a check box, or some other comparison to a value the user can set. If the comparison fails, skip the operation.
Consider the following code, which, when run and if the check box is set, does the operation
Code:
If Me.chkDoTheOperation Then
[COLOR="Green"]   ' do the operation[/COLOR]
End If
In this way the user can control whether an operation occurs.
Hope it helps,

Infinite

More left to learn.
Local time
Thing is, that is the easy part. What I want, is the have to data already, and if I want the most recent data, then run the query. So lets say I have a frmQuery, and it is based off of qryQuery. But the qryQuery takes 8 days to run, so I only want it to run once, and see the data in frmQuery. But if the user wants the most recent data, then they may run qryQuery. Is that possible?

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
I think I answered the question you posed in your original post. If you have a different question, I recommend you start a new thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom