How to turn of Query auto calculation (1 Viewer)

Infinite

More left to learn.
Local time
Today, 09:10
In this post, I would like to know HOW to stop a query for running.

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=283902

In that post, I apparently mistyped my first question, so it was taken in the wrong context (in NO part to the responder(s))

What I want, is the have to data already, and if I want the most recent data, then run the query. So lets say I have a frmQuery, and it is based off of qryQuery. But the qryQuery takes 8 days to run, so I only want it to run once, and see the data in frmQuery. But if the user wants the most recent data, then they may run qryQuery. How do I do that with VBA code?

Thanks!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
And the form could be opened and closed in the interim? I suspect you'll have to pull the data into a local table and base the form on that. If the form stays open, not sure. There's a refresh interval in options you can set, but it would apply to all forms.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Oh, and 8 days? That's the worst performing query ever! :eek: ;)

Infinite

More left to learn.
Local time
Well, the 8 days was a overstatement, I meant that as a example, that way people dont...Well, im not sure, it was just a large number. But the only known way is to just create a table and import it? Is that the only known way? If, so, I guess I will have to create a bunch of tables then :(

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I assumed as much. I also mentioned the refresh interval.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom