macro that calls other macro (1 Viewer)

dedjloco

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:47
So I created a code that is working on itself, but when I try to make it "parameterizable" so I can call it multiple times it doesn't.
Here is the code:
Code:
Public Sub CurrentRecordMacro(MyObject As Object, TableField As Object)
Dim dbs As DAO.Database
Dim rst As DAO.Recordset
   Set dbs = CurrentDb
   Set rst = dbs.OpenRecordset("tblProductSpecs")
   rst.MoveFirst
   Do Until rst.EOF
      If rst("Project Nr") = Me.Project_Text Then
         MyObject = rst!TableField
      End If
      rst.MoveNext
   Loop
End Sub
and the I call it like this:
Code:
CurrentRecordMacro Me.BH_Check, Product_BH
So I should be able to put every object from my form in there and the matching table field.
When I put Me.BH_Check and Product_BH in the code itself it works. So probably something is wrong with the data types of the user defined variables. But I don't know what it should be then?

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 13:47
That isn't a macro ,it is a procedure.
You CAN call Macros to repeat. In a real macro, set
Runacro Mac, repeats

You could call your procedure in it.

dedjloco

Registered User.
Local time
I think you mis understood me. I meant that I want to run this more that once but with diverent variables.
So I came up with this so I don't have to put this code in a 1000 times but just call the macro multiple times but for each instance with other variables.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 18:47
Ranman is correct though, these are not macro's they are VBA procedures. Calling them macro's will confuse many viewers / user of this forum. Macro's are another thing in Access.

What is the purpose of this procedure? Can you tell us in plain terms? It looks as if you are trying to set multiple fields values? This would normally be better done with an update query.

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 13:47
Code:
Sub RunMacroRepeat(byval iRepeat as integer)
For I = 1 to iRepeat
   CurrentRecordMacro obj, table
Next
End sub

dedjloco

Registered User.
Local time
Can you tell me what tis code does? Because I don't understand how I should integrate this in my program. and how this would solve that I want to assign different variables eachtime I call it.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 18:47
Having read that other thread, you are appear to be trying to populate a unbound form, by looping through controls on your form?.
I wouldn't bother, simply list the controls and set them all at once with the recordset you have opened. Currently you would be opening a recordset for each control which is very wasteful.

dedjloco

Registered User.
Local time
oke that worked pretty good. Now the only thing left from the original thread is when I selected a "Project Nr." to put the values I change in the correct recordset.
I could make a procedure for that as well, but can't it be done differtly? Because It already works partially. Because it puts everything in the first record. But how can I switch between the selected record?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom