Report printing too wide for paper (1 Viewer)

ontopofmalvern

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:43
I know this is much talked about and I have read many threads on this to no avail.

I have a Report 280mm wide (as seen on ruler in design view and on 'properties sheet'). The header, footer and content all fit snuggly on this width. No items extend over this width.

Page setup is A4 landscape 297mm, page margins 2mm all round. Should print fine? (with >10mm to spare)

However when it prints the Report grows, on print-out it is ~300mm, hence doesn't fit on page and extra blank pages are printed. Everything else stays at width as in Design View in Access. You can see page has grown as its background colour extends beyond where is was in Design View (i.e relative to fixed items on page).

When the report was first created it was 300mm and I suspect this is the origin of problem:banghead:

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 07:43
you have to take in account the margins, in page setup.
the ruler on the report design AND the margin sizes.
Get both inside the paper limit and it will NOT spill over.

ontopofmalvern

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Ranman, thank you for you swift answer, alas it doesn't work. I'm not sure what you mean by 'margin sizes' but I don't think it has anything to do with margins

I just tried deleting all item on Report then reducing width to 10cm. In design view it did that fine, but when printed still reverted to 300mm width. No different than before.

ontopofmalvern

Registered User.
Local time
Solved it. It is to with page setup

Click the Columns tab in the Page Setup dialog box, click to select the Same as Detail check box under Column Size, and then click OK to not allow the column size to be larger than the form size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom